The curriculum for our 2-year-olds’ class begins with a focus on physical development. In this age group, children begin to master general motor skills and movement. The wide range of skills and physical development occurring at this stage include gross motor, fine motor, self-help and safety skills. Children strive for independence (including potty-training) and choice-making in this age group. An orientation to discuss Twos’ curriculum goals for the third year of learning is led by the school’s curriculum advisor and lead teacher.
- This classroom accepts children ages 2 years to 3 years.
- The class ratio is ranges from 7:1 to 5:1, depending on the time of day.
- A child will move to the 3s class during summer transitions for the next academic school year.
- The 2s Room runs on a structured schedule with a monthly theme.
- Children in this class receive music instruction in the music classroom throughout the year.
- Children are exposed to a variety of music including classical, bluegrass, jazz, rock and children’s songs throughout the day.
- Sign language is used in the classroom and training is offered to teachers and parents each summer.