The curriculum in each of Pre-kindergarten classes focuses on elementary-school preparedness. Within this age group, children have acquired, or will acquire, comprehension, phonological awareness, expressive language, basic strategies for reading, exploration of writing skills and understanding the use of numbers, patterning and sorting. Language, literacy, mathematics, art and creativity, social and emotional wholeness are covered throughout this comprehensive year. Our Pre-k teachers work closely with area kindergarten teachers to ensure that all skill sets are met and Haygood Preschool children are well prepared to begin kindergarten.
- Child must be 4 years old by September 1st of the upcoming year.
- The Pre-K curriculum focuses on kindergarten readiness skills.
- This class has two experienced lead teachers.
- Class meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Children in this class receive music, yoga and Spanish instruction throughout the year.
- Children in this class may participate in our After School Enrichments.