Drop Off Procedures:
- Drop off for summer camp begins at 8:50 am each morning and ends at 9:10. Parents will drop children off on THE PLAZA each day. After 9:10, you will need to walk your child to his or her classroom. Use the preschool carpool lane door to enter.
Afternoon Pick Up Procedures:
- We will utilize the carpool lane for afternoon dismissal. Afternoon carpool begins at 12:50. Children should be picked up by 1:00 pm. Children picked up after 1:10 pm will be charged a late fee of $2.00 per minute.
- Only authorized persons will be allowed to pick up your child. We will not give your child to anyone who is not authorized, unless we have a note from you.
- PLEASE do not park and/or leave your car unattended in the carpool lane at any time!
- Everyone will be given a carpool number. This will help us to get to know you and your car and expedite getting all the children home safely.
- For those on tight schedules, you may want to walk to the door to pick up your child. We will dismiss your child at the carpool lane entrance. We request that parents do not come into the lobby at that time, as the teachers are busy and our focus is to get everyone safely into their cars. If you need to talk to a teacher, please do so after carpool has been completed. You may also call the office and leave a message for the teachers to contact you.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the carpool. It creates a significant danger to the teachers and to the children. Children will not be placed in a car if the driver is on the phone, and you may be asked to leave the carpool lane. Our first consideration is always the safety and well being of your children.
- We will buckle children into their seats; however, Haygood Summer Camp assumes no liability in this. You will be responsible for checking to make sure that your child is securely in his/her seat. Because of the way the carpool lane flows, it would be very helpful if the car seat is placed on the passenger side. This will prevent us from having to walk your child between the cars to get them into their seats.
- If you have an emergency, please contact the school office at 404-872-5806 233 and we will work with you. Most importantly we want to make sure that your child knows that you or someone else is on the way.