Are you interested in being a camp counselor this summer? Counselors work closely with all camp staff during a variety of camp activities. Your role may vary day to day, but most counselors assist with supervision of all camp aspects.
We accept a limited number of applicants every summer; not all applicants may be accepted. Haygood Preschool reserves the right to conduct interviews and reference checks of applicants and reserves the right to deny applicants.
- Must submit a letter of reference from a teacher, coach, youth leader, pastor or non-familial adult
- Must attend our summer camp staff training
- Must commit to at least 4 weeks minimum
- Must follow all camp policies
- Must wear appropriate attire to camp every day
- Expected to participate fully in all aspects of camp program
- Expected to adhere to high standards, as camp counselors are role models for young campers
- Expected to arrive and depart according to assigned schedule
Accepted applicants are required to work a minimum of two camp weeks. Counselor assignments are subject to the discretion of the camp directors & supervisors. Camp hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Camp counselors will be paid hourly, and the rate of pay is determined by previous work experience and knowledge.
All hired counselors will need to complete additional paperwork and screenings, including CPR and first aid, a background check and Safe Sanctuaries training. Training dates TBD.
How to Apply
Applications for employment are available HERE
Please review the qualifications on this page, complete an application and return it to:
Attention: Summer Camp Director
1015 East Rock Springs RD NE
Atlanta GA 30306